Thursday, April 28, 2005

Damn Afterthoughts...

Ok, so here's a little something that I included at the end of an email I sent yesterday letting people know about the birth of this wretched sack of mental diarrhea I call a blog. Upon typing this tidbit I was too lazy to delete it, so I just sent it anyway along with my afterthought:

"Is it sad that I'm actually going to make an effort to go out and buy Blade: Trinity tonight? Yes, I'm totally ashamed of myself...but this shit is great Kiyoshi fodder. Blade 1 was great...Blade 2's story kinda sucked (yet Guillermo Del Toro's involvement and the fact that Ron Perlman had a role was bad ass...notice some similar locations to those in Hellboy!). Why am I not saving this for the blog? I don't know...see how fucking dumb I am?"

Yup. Why didn't I? Oh well. So yeah, was it sad that I actually made the effort to go out and buy Blade: Trinity last night? Yes. But as I mentioned above, it's a great flick to experience with my brother in B-movie watching, Kiyoshi (not actually my brother, but you get it...right?). We would tear something like this apart. You all should have been there when we watched Van Helsing...MWUAHAHAHA!!!
I won't kvetch too much about the content of Blade: Trinity because whatever I have to say is stuff you probably already know or don't care about anyway, but what I will say is I'm not opposed to owning movies that I think are sub-par. In the case of this one, it's got vampires...so there's a plus...and two people who have been in Christopher Guest movies...right on... This movie even features Blade going up against Dracula in one of the most boring and anti-climactic battles ever!!! Hehe...it is good for something though. Almost all DVDs these days have those wonderful special features that will teach you a thing or two about filmmaking, be it 'How to Make a Film' or 'How Not to Make a Film'...for example, I learned a lot from the 'Bringing Down the House' DVD...whether it was 'How to' or 'How Not to', I shall leave you to ponder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home