Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Empire of Dirt

Even I almost can't believe that I'm actually taking the time to write about stuff going on in my life. I promise it won't happen often.

So a few things:
I'm really looking forward to three shows coming up: GWAR on Nov. 20 @ The Key Club, Buckethead on Nov. 21 @ The El Rey, and Godhead on Dec. 15 @ Whisky A Go Go...speaking of Buckethead, I was out shopping for my friend Ann's birthday and wandered into a Tower Records...it was there that I discovered that the Buckethead & Friends "Enter the Chicken" album was released. It's a Buckethead album produced by Serj Tankian (from System of a Down) and is something I read about a while ago but never heard anything about a release date. It's a keen album and closes with a track called "Nottingham Lace" which is one of my absolute most favorite Buckethead tracks ever...previously only available as a Real Audio file and was a gift for people who visited bucketheadland.com. So yeah, rock on!

I have an interview at a medical supply company today. As much as I'd like to stay in the entertainment industry, there just don't seem to be jobs out there that I'm qualified for...or the companies that I have submitted my resume to aren't calling me back...and I'll be in need of a job come the end of the year/beginning of next... I've worked very hard to get to this point (going from a Classics major to working in a TV/Cinema environment) but I'm also a bit of a realist and no one's hiring in my preferred industry so it's time to look outside the rabbit hole...that doesn't mean I'm giving up entirely, I'm just looking for a paycheck. But oh well, we can't all have cool jobs...

All else that's been going on:
I went to Disneyland on Saturday with my friend Dan and his friend Lori as part of a Disney group on the Suicide Girls site. It was keen. I hadn't been there since they built Toon Town, so it was almost like experiencing the place for the first time all over again. We hit up the Matterhorn, Mr. Toad's, Thunder Mountain, Pirate's, Haunted Mansion, the Tiki Room, the Jungle Cruise...it was really nice and fun to hang out with cool people all day long...even got a spiffy hat from the Indiana Jones store!...and no, not the standard Indy fedora.

I just sort of bummed around on Sunday because I started feeling ill when I woke up. Yesterday I felt a bit congested and my throat hurt, but the sickness hadn't gone into full-blown, fuck-this-shit-I'm-staying-home-from-work mode yet...even today I'm still feeling a bit off but it's no better or worse than yesterday...hmmm...

Monday was a bit slow at work. Our I/S people were supposed to set up a new computer for me at my desk (on Friday) and then they said it was going to be done yesterday in the morning...then at lunch...then by the tiem I came in tomorrow...well, now it's tomorrow and I have no new computer...but they did call me this morning at 9:00AM to say that it's ready and they just need to bring it up and install it...two and a half hours later I still have nothing.

Nothing's happened on the relationship front yet. Although I've met some keen people... I think I recently scared a girl off (not intentionally)...hmmm...still contemplating relationship retirement (at the chipper age of 21 days shy of 24)...I think I just may be one of those people who aren't meant to be in a relationship...secretly hoping that now I've said all of the above, I will land a bitchin job and perhaps even find someone...although that still doesn't change the fact that I think I just may be one of those people who aren't meant to be in a relationship...

The Apocalyptica remix of Rammstein's "Benzin" is AWESOME!

"He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disembowled, drawn and quartered."

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Was the quote from Ghostbusters II? I seem to recall them saying that in a discussion about Viggo the Carpathian.

Anywho. The only advice I'll give you is this: don't give up. Don't give up on looking for the job you want, even if you have to take a job you don't care for in the interim. It's good to be a realist, but it's also good to reach for your goals. Also, don't resign yourself to a life of lonliness. You might want to take a break from looking (and who knows? Maybe that's when you'll find her,) but don't just stop the search entirely.

That said, I'll be eating my noodles now. You know where to find me.

BCIKWOGL!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Another person from match.com. In the interest of her privacy, I won't divulge the name here...but if we are to have further online discussions about her, we shall refer to her as...Apricot.

GLZGKOS!!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Squiggle said...

I've set out to find a relationship, so I'm not really one to offer advice ... But I am keen to know how you scared off the fruity Apricot?!

Incidnetally, good look on the interview.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home