Thursday, October 27, 2005

Axl Rose...Cool Old Guy


That picture above scares me... Yeah, I know what you're thinking..."Axl Rose? You mean he's not dead yet???"...sadly, no. One of rock music's most notorious assholes (often cited by other musicians on Metal Sludge as being the rock star who most deserves a punch in the mouth) is still alive and kicking AND was just voted by today's youth for Ellegirl magazine as being the coolest old person. Here's the story from MTV.com.

And for more reasons to laugh at Axl, check out these two pages from Awful Plastic Surgery: Axl's Facelift and Axl's Hair Implants. There's no picture on the second link, but when you look at the pic I posted and the one that's on the facelift page, you can totally tell.

"Hi. I'm, uh, I'm a pet psychiatrist. I sell couch insurance. Mm-hmm, and I - and I test-market positive thinking. I lead a weekend men's group, we specialize in ritual killings. Yeah, you look great! God, yeah! Hi, how are you? Hi, how are you? Hi, I'm Martin Blank, you remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, and I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough."

2 Comments:

Blogger Squiggle said...

I'm witholding comments now regarding Axel Rose ... But that quote is from one of my top ten favourite films! =]

3:53 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Good freakin' God! What the hell is wrong with that guy!? Talk about a fall from ... grace? I dunno. When we were in elementary school, he was one of the coolest people our parents didn't want on TV. Now he's just such a joke.

About that quote: I'm with Squiggle. That's definitely one of the best quotes John Cusack has ever made. (I think almost all of his best quotes came from that one movie, but America's Sweethearts was pretty funny, too.)

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home