Thursday, September 22, 2005

Scott, Destroyer of Dreams

So I'm trying the online dating thing (insert your judgements here). I would definitely prefer to go about this the traditional way and actually meet someone, but I don't get out much because I work a lot...and never really meet people when I do go out anyways. So a couple weeks ago I get a response back from this girl (and so I don't have to keep saying 'this/that girl' we'll call her...Pineapple...and just in case, we'll refer to the dating system as Kerrek) whom I initially contacted because, let's face it, Pineapple's profile sounded awesome, fun, she fit my preferences, and even wrote in her 'About Me & Whom I'd Like to Date' section that she wanted to date a mini rock star (and by this she did not mean a little person, but basically a guy who looked like a rock star but didn't necessarily have to be in a band)...even stated that a 'rock star' was her 'dream guy'... I've been told by quite a few people that I look like a rock star or people ask me if I'm in a band (side note: currently working that)...once, a guy at a gas station near my house even asked me if I was in Godhead! But anyways, to make a long story a little shorter, Pineapple sent me her personal email address, a request for more pictures, and her cell phone number. So I email the pictures (some of me clean shaven with my hair in a pony tail and some of me a bit more scruffy with my hair down...trying to satisfy the rock star desire) and I call her. We talked for about 90 minutes and everything seemed like it was going GREAT. She even suggested that we should actually meet at some point during the following week...even called me 'honey' once...which is nice, but (little known fact about Scott:) is a term of endearment I hate. So I call Pineapple the next day in the evening to try to set up a day/time during the week to meet. She doesn't pick up so I leave a message. She doesn't call back so I email her a few days later. No reply. I sent another email a few days ago. No reply. Ok, I get the picture...she lost interest...either something I said or the pictures scared her off... On a human decency level, it would have been nice if she just told me she was no longer interested instead of just ignoring/not replying. So I sent her an email via the Kerrek email system basically stating "Hey, sorry if I said anything to offend/upset you. Not sure what I did, but based on the emails and the phone conversation, you seem like a great girl and I wish you the best of luck." ... As I was sending the email, I noticed there was something different about her profile. The 'About Me...' section was considerably shorter. Gone now is the 'I want to date a rock star' statement and the subsequent description of said 'dream guy'. Any references whatsoever to rock = extinct from Pineapple's profile. Now it says something like 'LAUGHTER IS A MUST! I like sensitive and passionate guys...like a guy who would shed a tear during a movie'... So even though I was initially mildly 'upset' over the situation, I found consolation in the fact that I essentially maimed and laid waste to the concept of her dream guy...leaving him a soulless shell of a body amidst a godforsaken, piss-burnt wasteland of slag... At least I made an impact on her...which is better than nothing.

"I heard if you've got syphilis it's like pissing boiling water."

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

And Trogdor smote the Kerrek!

That really sucks, man. She doesn't sound as "GREAT" as you claimed. However, you've got her phone number. Now is the time to pester her in ways unheard of by a living soul. Get a recording of animals doing it, then call her up and play it back to her. Be sure you call her from a payphone, though. Harder to trace.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Vetcha said...

hey scott! been a while, how have u been?

on line dating, to conclude, - based on how it turned out- is not for you. dont worry, your princess will come at the right time. as for now, let pineapple eat her heart out! she's no good for u. =)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Yay! Yvette's back! Thanks for the comments...they are much appreciated. Other than my online dating debacles, I've actually been ok. How was your time out on the farm? It's definitely good to see you online again!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home