Wednesday, September 14, 2005

whorepresents

What exactly do you read when you see the title above? Here's some backstory:

I was sitting at my buddy's computer at Miramax, looking up info on a show at the Whisky A Go Go on the Sunset Strip. Upon typing the 'wh' in Whisky, the auto-populate thing comes up in the browser and www.whorepresents.com is filled in. There was a moment of shock and I didn't know what to think upon reading the words 'Whore Presents' as I've known my buddy for a year and half now. He's happily married, has a kid, and is a decent fellow. He's not stuck up and has an open mind, so I can't say I was 100% surprised...but still!...I can't imagine my buddy buying 'whore presents.' I thought to myself: 'Do I want to know?...um...no, yes, no...aw, fuck it...yes'... So I click on the link, fully expecting to see some CRAZY shite...and what does it turn out to be? A Hollywood agent directory! The name of the site is 'Who Represents'...! hehehe...Is it a telling sign of my filthy mind that I interpreted this mix of letters as 'Whore Presents'?

"He won't stop coming!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Squiggle said...

Hahahahaha!

Yeah ... Good thing you checked, I must admit ... I saw the same when I read the subject of this post.

2:30 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

I totally thought "Whore Presents" too.

There's a vanity plate in the parking lot at an old place of employment that read, FLNGRVY -- probably meant to read, "Feeling Groovy," right? My boss and I always chuckled that it meant "Fling Gravy" :-)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

HAHA! That's awesome! I'm feeling quite groovy about flinging some gravy!...and I guess it's better to be flinging gravy than to be...flinging poo... ... ...

gzbqsup!!!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home