Monday, January 30, 2006

I Could Be Eating Anything Right Now

Sorry I haven't been around in almost three weeks! Things were uber-busy with trying to get my living space reorganized, prepping for the new job, and then actually starting the new job. In addition to all that, my internet connection at home is a bit screwed up at the moment and I don't have much time to get on the net here at work...that is why I haven't been able to post and that is why you haven't seen new Trivia for Squiggle issues...they're on the way, I promise! But at the rate I'm operating, we may have to scale it back to once a week again...until my internet at home gets un-fucked. Things are rather keen at "The Incredible World of DIC"...we'll see how long it takes until I jump out the window...

So I went walking around the area at lunch today, trying to find a place where I can just get something to go and bring it back to the office. There are a lot of sit-down restaurants around here...or if I were to try to get a to-go order with how busy many of these places seem to be, it might take a while and I don't have all the time in the world. So I found a not-so-busy hole-in-the-wall Chinese/Thai place that was adorned with all the traditional altars and figurines and signage and...everything! So I placed my to-go order for some mongolian beef (generally a safe bet at a new eating establishment) and while I was waiting for change I noticed a glass in front of one of the many religious figurines there...it almost looked like it had a clear top on it or was filled to the brim with water. I didn't think it was water because it was too peaceful and didn't move...even though it was by the door and when people passed by, the water remained completely still...so when no one was looking, I blew on it very lightly...sure enough, that was water! Yes, I am a dumb-ass... None of it spilled...and after that I noticed there were several other glasses of water and what I am assuming was red wine in front of more altars and figurines there. I'm still wondering if my curious act of disturbance was blasphemous in any way...even though it was not really intentional... So I get my order and it is labeled: Mongolian "Beef"... ... ...so, um "Beef"? hmmm...this could be the revenge of the gods against me or something...who knows what I'm actually eating right now! Oh well, fuck it, I'm hungry...

"Their world will never break me
They will never desecrate my soul"
-Cradle of Filth, "Coffin Fodder"

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Seriously? What's the worst it could be. If you're eating a cat, then, well, it's a cat. If you're eating a pig and they're calling it beef, then you're eating pork. If you're eating human, well..., then you're eating human. How bad could it seriously be?

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home