Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Life as of late...

Currently listening to: "Mushroom Workers" by Cornbugs

So I fell off the map once again. Things have been busy...to say the least... Despite that Licensing Show and Target Expo are over, things continue to be hectic. Not that haven't been this whole time, but especially as of late it seems like all I am is the office slave...and I'm always ignored when I try to make a change that will enhance productivity... oh well... If things continue like this, I'll probably be looking for other work. I don't want to jinx anything, but I may have an offer coming up in January with a company that shall remain nameless at this time, but it could be a cool gig.

One funny thing about work is that someone from HR was talking to my boss the other day and brought me up. HR lady said something along the lines of "You know, I really like Scott. He strikes me as the kind of guy who does yoga and meditates..." ... Now, if you were drinking something as you just read that and you actually know me, you probably just did a spit take on your computer screen. As my boss said when telling this to me: "Hmmmm, blood, guts, gore...where does yoga and meditating fit into all that?" ... Obviously HR didn't see the Buffalo Bill (from The Silence of the Lambs) shrine or all the skull and zombie images at my desk...or the mannequin in the gas mask...or the troll plush doll with the Jason-esque hockey mask...or the Korn ragdoll sleeping in a Madeline doll bed with a plush Butch (from choppingblock.org) doll... As my boss wondered where the Hell the HR lady was getting this from, the only thing that she could think of is because I'm part Asian and I have long hair. Which made me think that isn't it funny that someone from HR just made one of the biggest stereotypes about Asian guys with long hair? Hehehe...but seriously, kinda wiggy when you have someone from HR who is so out of touch with the employees...

That's all I can think of to say for now...I had tons of thoughts over the past few weeks that I wanted to blog, but I've forgotten them for now. I hope to have a new Trivia for Squiggle up soon...despite that it seems Squiggle has gone AWOL...anyone know what happened there?

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

You're also skinny. I think that helps with the "he must do yoga" look.

Squiggle is now at: http://squiggle.ithium.net. I haven't updated my list yet, but I know he's there.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home