Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekend in Review

The new Trivia for Squiggle should be up tomorrow…

As for now, here’s Scott’s weekend in review:

Friday - May 19, 2006
Friday was my Mom’s birthday. She went out that evening with my father to an expensive, fancy restaurant called Joe’s. I worked late since there was no rush to get home, ran a few errands, and went to Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner to try their new “Famous Bowl”…it’s mashed potato, corn, fried chicken nugget/strip thingies, all topped with gravy and cheese (although I opted to have it sans le fromage). I listen to a radio talk show every morning on the way to work called “Mark & Brian” on 95.5 KLOS and Brian was talking about how it was practically a heart attack in a bowl and that he couldn’t have eaten a second one even though he wanted to…see what intrigues me to try things? So when I was handed what I was hoping would clog my arteries in two seconds, I was met with disappointment as this “meal” was about the size of a standard, small disposable bowl…essentially two scoops of mashed potatoes, three tablespoons of corn, three chicken bits, and a sea of gravy to fill out the rest of the remaining space…ughh, what a disappointment…I could’ve eaten three of those with room to spare…then I decorated a bit for my Mom’s birthday before she came home from dinner…

Saturday - May 20, 2006
Went to the Renaissance Faire in Irwindale with my girlfriend Kalila (yup, Scott is officially no longer single for the time being…we’ll see how long it takes for me to fuck up here). It amazes me that that many people dress up in such elaborate, expensive medieval/pirate/viking/faerie outfits to go to this shindig…it’s like ye olde English equivalent to a Star Trek convention. I have never seen so many pushed up boobs in my entire life…many of which should not be gazed upon by human eyes…ever… Every time I walked into a shop I was greeted essentially like this: “Good day, m’lord, dost thou seek anything in particular?” Then I would stare at them like a retard for second, process what I just heard, then respond.

I ran into my friends Marcus and Jenny at the faire. For those not-in-the-know, Jenny is ex-girlfriend #1, but we’re really good friends now…and a while after our break-up she dated Marcus, and Marcus and I were already friends before that happened. When I dated Jenny and when Marcus dated Jenny, both couplings were made by Reiko, a mutual friend of the three of us. We all worked at the Ackerman UCLA store together. But getting back on track, I didn’t know they were going to be at the faire and they didn’t know I was going…and I already had plans to hang out with Marcus that night to see what turned out to be the #6 movie of the weekend:

“See No Evil” – this movie sucked ass…to me, at least. There were a lot of cool things about it…and a lot of funny things that probably weren’t supposed to be funny. The story was rather predictable and I didn’t fully understand the scatterings of hip-hop music throughout…but what really ruined the flick for me is this: some of you may or may not know that the one thing I can not stomach when watching a movie is anything involving eyes...whether they pop out of the socket, are stabbed, disembodied in some way…weeeeeeeelllllll, the killer in this movie had a thing for plucking out eyes…either when the person was dead or alive and tied up. Then he had a room where he kept all these jars where he stored the eyes. Within the first two minutes or so, the eye thing was hinted at…then a quarter of the way through it was made very apparent. If I weren’t with my buddy Marcus (who was my ride that evening), I would’ve walked out. It’s as if the people who made this movie sat in a room and discussed how far they could go to gross out Scott Murata. So, much like the movie Exorcist and quite possibly Witchboard, I will never watch this flick again.

Sunday - May 21, 2006
Went to lunch with my friend Ann…mainly to catch up (we’ve both been uber-busy lately) and to discuss tattoos (my goal is to get another one before the summer ends). Kalila didn’t go to work, so she joined Ann and I for lunch…then when Ann had to go, Kalila and I went to a spiritual book/supply store in Torrance called The Psychic Eye…cool shite… Then Kalila had to go do a massage appointment, so I spent the time reorganizing and cleaning at home and did laundry until the family’s weekly Sunday dinner which was also my Mom’s birthday celebration dinner. Kalila came back after dinner was over and we basically spent the evening watching Eddie Izzard and Reno 911! DVDs while I finished the laundry.

Oh, by the way, the new “100% natural” formula for 7UP tastes like bland, crap-ass diet soda. Thank god I prefer Sierra Mist…


Neil Patrick Harris: Dude, I don't even know where the fuck I am right now. I was at this party earlier tonight and some guy hooked me up with this incredible "X" - next thing I know I'm being thrown out of a moving car. I've been trippin' balls ever since.

The previous post's quote was from the "Harold & Kumar go to White Castle"
Burger Shack Employee = Anthony Anderson

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Friday: Go to Toronto and locate a KFC. When I was there on business, I went to a KFC for lunch and was horrified to discover that they didn't have mashed potatoes. So, desperately scanning the menu for something, my eyes fell upon the word "poutine." "What the Hell is a poutine?" I asked. "It's french fries covered in gravy and cheese." was the reply. "Yeah, I'll go for that." Just get your regular fried chicken meal with a poutine on the side (no cheese for you.) I'm sure it'll be much more filling. (Of course, you could always just get gravy and potato wedges in L.A. and save yourself a trip to Canada.)

Saturday: You're absolutely right. A Star Trek convention with an Olde English feel. It was fun, though!

See No Evil. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at your explanation for hating that movie! I think it's funny that that is the one thing you can't stomach. Considering all of the horrible things you take pleasure in watching, the fact that your weakness is eyes just amuses me.

Sunday: I got nothin'.

Dude, did Neil Patrick Harris just steal my car?

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home