Friday, January 26, 2007

Dir en Grey "Obscure"

"There is no I in TEAM but there is so a fucking ME!" ~ Stephen Gilchrist Glover

It's a fucking blog-o-rama on Bits & Pieces tonight (see posts below)! Here's a clip from Dir en Grey, which is a Japanese metal band that sounds like the bastard child resulting from an orgy with old-school Korn, modern metal, Marilyn Manson, and Rammstein. I first heard of this band when Jonathan Davis (from Korn) chose DeG to open the most recent Family Values tour...which led me to not rush out and check them out because Jon Davis's taste in music and musical direction has been mostly questionable these days...but I dig this band! I'm not really a fan of modern metal at all, but these guys are fucking WEIRD and it's nice to see Japs rockin' out as it gives me hope...hehehe...and for those who don't know, I'm half-Japanese which gives me every right to say Jap (or so I'm saying)...so HA...! And this video is awesome...when I watch it, I feel it's as if all the really weird shite in my brain was bukkake'd onto celluloid (then eaten and shat out)...ugghh...but at the same time I only wish I could come up with something as good...oh, and the unrated version of the video is WAY better (look it up on YouTube if interested)...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanted to see them live sooo bad but since they toured with KORN... i refused to bewithin 100 yards of that band.

alas i missed my chance and i love them so very much.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home