Friday, January 26, 2007

Speak of the Devil...

"Boredom slays more of existence than war..." ~ Norman Mailer

...and he comes running for a cookie...

...OK, that made no sense, but fuck it...

So I still feel like shit (see post below this one), but as I was doing my random internetting, the Yahoo home page at this particular point in time features the Yahoo! Answers question of the, uh, moment...and it has to deal with dreams (yup, speak of the devil!...and again, see post below this one)...here's the question that was posted by some random individual (everything is posted, unedited, word for word):

What do Dreams Mean?
In the past couple of nights I had these really weird deams. I mean really weird and upsetting. I just need to know If any of you out there believe as I do that dreams mean something. If so....then I would love to find someone to help me decipher the dreams I have had in the past couple of night.

Here's the response I contributed to the cause (at the time of my posting I was the 849th response or some shite like that):
I think if someone really knew the answer to this question they'd be a very rich individual... Perhaps everyone's 'reasons' for why they dream what they dream are different. Personally, I've always felt the majority of my dreams are like my brain doing spring cleaning...bringing up some of the most random moments, people, or whatever from my past and throwing them all together somehow. They never have anything to do with how I was feeling or what I was watching/listening to before going to sleep. Maybe it all has some deep, psychological meaning...or maybe it's just one's brain kinda having a fart... I guess you have to step back and look at what's going on in your life and what happened in your past that could possibly contribute to whatever dreams you are having if you want to find some meaning to it all...it's your dream so really only you know the answer. A psychologist, dream analyst, random schmo on the internet can give all the opinions they want on what it all means, but we all don't know you at all and it's possible you may be exaggerating the truth (which would hinder a proper 'analysis') or may not be comfortable giving all the details of your life (and understandably so) to help us understand why you're dreaming what you're dreaming, so really it all falls back on you.

So that's just how I feel. By no means am I saying I'm right...I actually think it would be fucking pompous for anyone to come out and say they have THE right answer... So as I was scanning through the hundreds of other posts (with a lot of Jung this, Freud that), I came across these other two posts that I found particularly interesting. Here's one from "Sheila A":
Dreams are your brain's way, of doing, --house keeping. In many ways, depending on the stress level at the time, the time of day or night, and what is occuring in your life during those times, your brain can only absorb so much. It takes in what is happening, but like a file cabinet, no matter what time of day/nite, when it's full, it's just,-full. No matter what you continue to stuff inside beyond it's capacity. And just like you, when you have time to climb in and take out what is not needed, and replace the empty space with what you have over time stuffed inside, your brain does the same thing, when you sleep. That's not to say that what you dream doesn't mean anything because dreams do matter. Ask yourself what you have been going thru, avoiding, holding back on, or releasing yourself to as of late. It's not rocket science, the brain is a miraculous part of your body, it's the secret chamber, that only you can unlock with total honesty, compassion and submission to what maybe inside. Like chasing the boggy-man back. Get back into the face of what you are afraid of. Rather than having some hypnotic suggestion posed to you under hypnosis, if you seek, you will find. If you don't you will be haunted until you deal with what you are denying, avoiding, or hiding from, no matter if it's emotional pain, confrontation, admition, etc. If you can stand to look in the mirror every day before work you can do this. One last note: not all consequences are bad. They are both, good and bad. If you are in denial or hiding from feelings that you are afraid to admit feel good, you are still hiding. Point is, is to keep your cards out on the table where you can see what you are doing, so you can play fair with not only others, but mostly yourself. You dig kiddo?

I dig, "Sheila A"! Now here's one from "Biblical View":
I canot guarentee anything unless the Lord shows me but God has given me tha gift of interpeting dreams and I would be glad to help if I can. The bible realy is a God revelaing himself in dreams and the Lord uses them to show things. Also Satan is real and he will speak in dreams also. The question of interpatation is whether it comes from Holy Spirit our familar spirits. A familar spirit is of Satans Kingdom and will seem correct but will in the end lead to error. Only God through Jesus by Holy Spirit can reveal a dream to someine in truth. There is no set science it is about relationship with the Lord.

So God gave BV "tha gift of interpreting dreams" but not the gift of being able to hit spell/grammar check...oh well, I guess God can only give so much to each individual...after all, there's a lot of people in the world and only so many gifts to go around...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home