Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Grumpy Bears I Won...

Currently listening to: "Fuck the Pain Away" by Peaches

I won all three Grumpy Bears I bid on...and now these one-of-a-kind custom art pieces have a home here on my desk at DIC...

This first one is a "Grumpygoyle" by Kim Petschauer. I just thought it'd be cool to have a gargoyle at my desk...and this was kinda different and more interesting than buying some lame-ass plastic or foam gargoyle from Target's Halloween section... Check out Kim's site at thefigments.com


This next one is some kinda kick-ass freaky yeti-type thing by Amanda ("Mandi") Spayd. This was one of my favorites from the get-go...I have dreams that this little guy comes alive at night and fucks shit up... Mandi has a site called Squeaky Queen where she sells uniquely packaged soaps and other related products, as well as occasional unique art pieces, jewelry, etc. Check it out!


This, uh, Teletubby bukkake explosion was done by Vince Marchica, our VP of Creative here at DIC... I bid on this one because I wanted to bring this little guy home to Burbank...I packed him up and shipped him off to Cleveland for the auction and took pics of this bear for the Grumpy Freak Show blog...so I guess you could say I have an attachment to it... Vince used rubber latex and paint on this Grumpy Bear...


That is all...for now...

5 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Yas said...

Teletubby bukkake explosion

hahaha!!! thats freakin hilarious! made me spit tea all over my tps reports. lol

i like the yeti one. looks kinda like a mutated koala. i like koalas. they are cuddly.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I love 'em all! Are you going to bring any of 'em home? Or do they all stay at DIC headquarters?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Knitty Yas said...

what the hell is DIC??

2:03 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

DIC (pronounced 'deek') = Diffusion, Information, Communication

Will the Grumpy Bears be coming home? Yes. I'm going to keep them here for a bit, but I am getting tired of people coming up and touching them. I wish the yeti would kick their asses...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Knitty Yas said...

i just want to cuddle the yeti. ;p oh my god i just imagined cuddling a real yeti and thought of that commercial for Ask.com lol you know.. the one where the yeti wants to meet girls? lol

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home