Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Supertailors...?

Currently listening to: "The Foetus of a New Day Kicking" by Cradle of Filth

I feel like a broken record...

Sorry I've been away...I've been busy...internet connection still sucks...etc... This is like the fifth time this year I've fallen off the map...

I'll try to get an actual post going tomorrow and I do want to get the trivia back up and running...but this morning I was wondering: not all superheroes/villains design and manufacture their own gear...so who does? I mean, Spider-Man made his...and the new Texas Chain Saw movies show us that Leatherface is quite proficient in the, uh, 'arts and crafts' area...but I'm thinking they can't all be good at it...or do superpowers just automatically come with an ability to tailor?

If there are some kind of Edna Mode-type organizations that do this for them, how come we never see them? Hmmm...

New post tomorrow!...hopefully...

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Yas said...

ITS... ALIVEEEE!!!!! *screams as she stares at the blog on her metal OR table.*

Cradle of filth huh? >:)~ *sticks her finger in your eye thats for being related to the Dougmeister. lol!!!

i'm guessing by this post your sayin at one point you had like... a freakin schedule of stuff you did on here like trivia and such... good for you. :p

Everyone knows super heros rely on the mighty seamstress for their costumes. I myself have whipped up some strange leotard for friends who have the urge to fight evil. or be evil... depending on the weather. :p

didja ever notice that every time they show people in asylums they are either sewing, knitting, or doin macrame'? lol @ leather face sittin around knitting booties on his evil days off.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I dunno, man. Doc Ock's outfit looks pretty stupid. I think he dresses himself. Then, there's the Sandman with his goofy striped shirt. Galactus is purple and blue, need I say more? Just a quick rundown of Spider-man's foes alone, I keep thinking that they mostly look pretty stupid with the exception of Venom and Carnage (and a scant few others,) but their suits are their symbiots. Let's just take a peek at the Sinister Six: I've already mentioned Doc Ock, and the Sandman, so there's Mysterio with his green suit, purple cape and mirror-ball head, there's the Vulture, an old guy in a green suit, Electro in his green suit with lightning bolts on it, and Kraven the Hunter who actually looked pretty cool, but it didn't do him any good 'cause he's dead now. What is it with that stupid green color, anyway!? The second line-up of the Sinister Six replaced Kraven with Hobgoblin II who wore orange. The Shocker wore brown and yellow and looked like an Iron Man reject.

Then, of course, you've got guys like Victor Von Doom, but it's been established that he's the tinkering type, very capable of creating something like the armor he wears. (I did not like his origin story in the Fantastic Four movie at all.)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home