Wednesday, December 06, 2006

OK in my Book...!

Currently listening to: "Rise" by Korpiklaani

The trivia answers are two posts down!

I have no idea who the Eagles of Death Metal are (which is a pretty fucking stupid name, but whatever) other than what I just read in the News section of MTV.com. Apparently they opened one show (in Cleveland) on the current Guns N' Roses tour and then left the tour after that night... The current tour also features a burlesque show by the Suicide Girls before the first band hits the stage (by what I heard, at a previous GNR show the Suicide Girls filled in the gaps between sets to keep the crowd entertained which I thought was a smart move)...and people were booing SG in Cleveland! Well, this odd occurrence made EODM frontman Jesse Hughes realize something which led him to pull his band fro mthe tour:

"I saw people booing the Suicide Girls," he said, referring to the inked and pierced goth pinups who served as one of the night's other openers. "A rock show booing hot naked chicks is not a rock show — it's a freak show. And now I'm just sorry we won't be touring with the Suicide Girls every day."

Even if the EODM's music sucks sweaty, unshaven ass, Jesse Hughes is OK in my book...!

3 Comments:

Blogger paula said...

I love the SG - I got to check them out when they rolled through Albuquerque.

Hot Damn.

Tha's all I'm say'n

4:45 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Maybe the audience was confused and they were upset that the hot naked girls were going to be killing themselves.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe they thought it was supposed to be a celine dion concert. or maybe peter frampton? lol

yeah he knows what he's talkin about huh?

look it's me again!!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home