Monday, December 04, 2006

The Evening So Far...

Currently listening to: The South Park WoW episode playing in the background

I just deleted two posts and it's not because I'm giving in on anything...and I feel I had a very valid point, but that's not really the blog I want this to be... I'm just here to talk about stupid shit like zombies (which are fuckin' awesome), Gwyneth Paltrow, and the green cape from Swan Lake...and trivia... Speaking of which, I will have trivia on Tuesday...

I bought air fresheners today...pine scented ones for our fake XXX-Mas tree at home...the scent of which has spread all throughout the house...and it actually smells like the shampoo I use to clean the carpet in my car... I also bought character themed ones...Hello Kitty in two varieties (rectangular cardboard and molded figure), Dora the Explorer (rectangular cardboard), and a generic rectangular and sorta die cut cupcake scented one...I needed them as visual aides... I've been spending the majority of my evening trying to come up with a pitch for air fresheners as a product at work...of course, it would depend on if my work liked the idea and then if a licensee would actually want to do it...but yeah, just looking through style guides whilst various TV shows ramble on in the background...picking out sample poses that could work with my idea and going through the packaging guidelines to sketch up some mock packaging on the back of the envelopes to my bills... I may be doing some Photoshop work during my lunch break tomorrow at work...

It's not my ideal way of spending an evening at home, but I feel like if I can submit any idea that actually gets made, then I'll have made my mark in some way...that actually sounds lame as I read that back...but it's interesting to walk into a store and see something you had a part in making that's readily available to the public and you know that there's somebody out there who's actually going to buy it. In case whoever reads this didn't know, I did chapter stops (scene selections) on about 30 films for DVD...my first was a flick starring Christopher Lambert! ...and I have several of those titles in my collection... Whenever I go to Best Buy or Circuit City I always see something I worked on...it's a trip. We haven't done air fresheners at my current gig and I think we'd have many advantages given our characters and themes... Sure, I've approved product that will be on shelves next year, but there's a different feeling when it's something you helped bring to the table...so, yup yup, in case you were wondering what I do with my free time, the mystery is solved...!

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

That sounds pretty cool! I'm sorry it wasn't the ideal way to spend your evening, but, considering the theme of your product, I'm surprised air fresheners haven't been done before. There are so many scented things out there that could easily apply to your product and your target audience. Good luck!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home