Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Six Weird Things...

Currently listening to: "Nottingham Lace" by Buckethead

The trivia answers will be up a bit later


Got this one from Yasamin who got it from...someone... The rule listed below is appearing in its original form, unedited...posted so I wouldn't seem lame...or whatever... I'm not going to be calling out 6 people because I probably only have (at most) six readers...so do what thou may...

Here are the rules: Each player of this game starts with the "6 Weird Things about You." People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!"

And my response to this is...only 6?...amateurs...wait, how graphic are we allowed to make this? Hehehe...OK, here's the mild version:

1. I'm a misanthropic, evil troll with a black and wilted stump for a heart...I wear black to work (including black socks and underwear), have long hair, two (not visible) tattoos, and I listen to mostly metal whilst I reside in the cubicle at said job...and what do I do for a living? I work in product development at a children's entertainment company where we mainly handle girls properties and I'm constantly surrounded by pink merchandse. I just pitched an idea for air fresheners today based on one of our main properties...it was well received...

2. Hey, speaking of those tattoos, my first one was of a cartoon porcupine I used to draw in Junior High and High School...it's below the belly-button area and on my right side and lines up with my underwear line so it looks like he's popping out of my underwear... The second is on the right side of my calf on my right leg...it's of the grim reaper holding an hour glass. I could tell you the meaning of the tattoos and why I placed them where I did, but eh...that would make for a long ass post...and I'm lazy... Next up are either zombies or trolls...or zombie trolls...

3. I have a really bad OCD where if I'm leaving my area of the house for an extended period of time (like to go to work), I unplug everything before I leave...turn off and unplug the power strip, unplug any appliances, even unplug the clocks...up until recently, I had to reset the time on my clocks whenever I came home...but I needed to buy a new clock radio thingie and bought this keen RCA clock/radio/cd player that has a sensor that picks up the time from the airwaves and also stores my alarm settings...

4. I hate driving large cars like pickup trucks, but I do have a fantasy about owning an ice cream truck. I want to drive down neighborhood streets at 5 miles per hour whilst blasting White Zombie out the loudpseaker...

5. I interned at Miramax in the TV/Airline department (aka: censorship)...me, of all people in censorship department. I read scripts (and looked at some storyboards) for films about to go into production and flagged stuff for alternate coverage, but mainly watched a lot of films to flag things to make edits on. I didn't actually do the editing... I got to see some cool stuff before it came out, but the majority of the films I watched were pre-existing Miramax movies sold to network TV and to airline for in-flight movies (hence the title of the department)...that's how I ended up watching "I Got the Hookup" about 6 times... Speaking of Miramax, I also helped out a friend in the home video department there and worked on DVD chapter stops (scene selections) for about 30 titles...most were acquisitions of the foreign and/or sci-fi nature...but out of the more well-known titles, I did "The Great Raid" (the theatrical cut DVD version...although they did use my stops as the template for the Director's cut) and "Sharkboy and Lava-Girl" (they gave my chapter stops to Robert Rodriguez and he adjusted them to his liking...I never got to meet him, though)...

6. I have a mannequin at my desk at work that I dress up in our company's pink, girly product combined with things I bring from home like gas masks, a hockey mask, a noose... I pulled her from our offsite storage to use at a trade show, but no one wanted to use her because she looked too realistic and hence, scary (they ended up using those headless, quadrapelegic male and female torsos instead)...since nobody wanted her, I kept her at my desk and plan to take her with me if I leave the company...her name is Angie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Yeah... you don't sound creepy at all! :Þ

10:16 AM  
Blogger paula said...

wow.

Angie is a lucky gal ;)

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angie? i knew you were kinda psycho dude but now im just scared. albeit enthralled. lol

ps... any way you can get me some rainbow bright paraphenelia?? lol cant blame a girl for trying.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home