Friday, December 15, 2006

TQFS #9 Answers

Currently listening to: "Pirates Life for Me" by Buckethead

Looks like Doug is this installment's winner with 7 out of 10 correct...congrats, Doug!

1. How much food does a 1,200 pound horse eat each year?
A. Seven times its own weight

2. What is a capon?
B. A castrated rooster
Poor guy...

3. A polecat is not a cat…so what the Hell is it?
C. A nocturnal European weasel

4. A howler monkey’s call can be heard up to how many miles away?
B. Two

5. Infant beavers are called what?
A. Kittens
Kittens covered in spikes...I hate babies!


6. What is the instrument called that measures the force, velocity, or pressure of the wind?
B. Anemometer
The bathometer is an instrument for indicating the depth of the sea beneath a moving vessel and a sphygmomanometer measures blood pressure...

7. The base of the Great Pyramid of Egypt is large enough to cover how many football fields?
C. Ten

8. The linen bandages that were used to wrap Egyptian mummies averaged how many yards in length?
B. One thousand

9. What is the name of the metal instrument used in shoe stores to measure feet?
A. The Brannock device
Both the other names listed were from Pirates of the Caribbean...

10. Louis Cartier invented the wristwatch in what year?
B. 1904

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damnit not enough time booger!!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I can't believe I didn't catch that about Davenport and Cruces! Good job!

And I think Yas is right: you didn't give people enough time, you booger!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I am indeed so very sorry...I do feel bad about that and I expected a response like this from someone...there actually is a sort of, uh, 'valid' excuse as to why the answers came early...which I can't say out loud... I'll make it up to you all...somehow...I promise! =)

CXUTA!!!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home