Thursday, February 22, 2007

Follow-up on Yesterday

"Life is one long process of getting tired." ~ Samuel Butler

Yesterday was a long day that included a long and shitty drive home...they're setting up for the Oscars in Hollywood and unless I took the fuck-all way down and went through the Downtown L.A. area (the 5 to the 110 to get to the 10 to the 405), which would've been an entirely different nightmare, I had no choice but to either pass through Hollywood or get on the 101 which gets fucked because of Hollywood traffic. So I endured a 1 hour, 40 minute drive home that began with me going about half a mile in 30 minutes. It's gonna be fucked again today and fucked again tomorrow...and there's a concert I'm going to at the Avalon on Saturday and things will be fucked then, too...FUCK!

But the silver lining in this mushroom cloud (at least in regards to yesterday) is that when I got home, what did my parents make for dinner??? Kielbasa and sauerkraut!!! I hadn't talked to them all day and they didn't know about my whole Oktoberfest-music-fueled morning, so it was purely coincidence. So I grabbed my bottle of whiskey, got drunk as fuck, and chowed down. There's plenty leftover, too, so at least I have something to look forward to and the end what will probably be a crap day today...this is going to sound wrong, and I know this, but I love sausage! Hehehe...

2 Comments:

Blogger paula said...

*LAUGH* I'm happy you can admit your sausage love on such a public level.

;)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Knitty Yas said...

*snort*

i used to hate freaking special events traffic.

um... its okay... i love sausage too. hahahahahahah!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home