Tuesday, February 13, 2007

TQFS #14 Answers

"If wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..." ~ me

OK, doesn't look like anyone else is going to take the quiz, so here's the answers to TQFS #14...although I will admit that this one wasn't my most favorite quiz out of all the ones I've done so far... mg got the highest score with 4 out of 10...

1. What is the best-selling brand of cookie in the world?
A. Oreo
Over 6 billion sold per year!

2. What nationality eats more chocolate per capita from the following groups?
A. Irish

Yeah, wha???

3. On average, what percentage of homemade dinners in the U.S. include vegetables?
B. 43%
Kinda sad, eh?

4. On average, rice is the staple food for how much of the world’s population?

B. More than one half
I honestly thought it would be more than that...

5. Since Hindus don’t eat beef, the McDonald’s in New Delhi makes its burgers with what?
C. Mutton
Mmm...sheep burger...

6. Sliced bread was introduced under the Wonder Bread label in what year?
B. 1930


7. What is the dye used to stamp the grade on meat made from?
B. Grape skins


8. What is the most widely eaten fish in the world?
C. Herring
Tempted was I to write in 'fish taco' as one of the possible answers, but I resisted...why? I do not know...

9. The Pillsbury Bake-Off has been held every year since:
B. 1948

10. How many varieties of watermelon are grown worldwide?
C. Over 1,200
I know...1200??? I only knew of 2...regular watermelon and then those weird square ones the Japanese produce...

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Yas said...

:( i dont even want to look at my score. i didnt score. i ... descored. lol

11:23 PM  
Blogger paula said...

I won with 4 correct? God gawd, that's pathetic.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home