Thursday, February 08, 2007

Yeah, I own nature CDs...

"Poverty, Frost, Famine, Rain, Disease, are the beadles and guardsmen that hold us to Common Sense." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't watch "Lost" but I heard a commercial for it on 95.5 KLOS and it started out with the first few seconds of this rain forest CD I own that I bought back when I was in high school. That was when I was writing music more and would throw in random samples/ambience from nature CDs (I had an Okeefenokee Swamp CD that was just awesome), sound effects I recorded, that kinda shite... When I heard the "Lost" commercial it was on the CD radio thingie in my bathroom and I heard it from my bedroom...at first I thought (despite that I knew I was listening to KLOS) I had put the CD in and the ghosts that haunt my house flipped the CD switch...and pressed play...but I also thought it was weird because I know I haven't listened to that CD for years...but I still remember exactly how it started and when the pan flutes and harps kick in and shit... But then the commercial part of it started...they only played enough of the Rain Forest CD before the pan flutes began...and basically just repeated that sample over and over again...and ended on it...weird...

3 Comments:

Blogger paula said...

Cool. Now I can call you Nature Boy.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Knitty Yas said...

tell me, do you like Dead Can Dance?

8:52 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Wait, the dead can dance? Shit...first running zombies and now this?!?!?!?...a blasphemous travesty, I tell ya... ... ...yeah, I like Dead Can Dance...

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home