Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Fuck the Police

Welcome to the gangsta rap edition of my 'blah'g! hehehe...

My location: Howard Hughes Parkway

Reason: Getting on the 405

Disclaimer: In case you were wondering, I didn't get a ticket or even get pulled over. This was all an observation.

So I'm about to approach that stop/go light that lets one car at a time onto the freeway when the car in the car pool lane next to me stops and tries to get in right in front of me. As much as I would like to be a dick and not let this lady in, she's holding up the cars behind her that actually have two or more occupants. She's the only one in her car so she has no right to be in the car pool lane. On a side note, it does irk me when people drive up the car pool lane just to cut in front of you, but usually it's like halfway up the on-ramp, not at the very end! So why did this woman all of a sudden get a conscience and get back in to the 'single persons' lane? There was a police car two vehicles behind me. Now, in my opinion, this lady should have gotten a ticket. But no...she cut in front of me, the light thingie turned green for her and she went on her merry way. So because she got back in the appropriate lane after bypassing a whole string of cars, that makes it okay? I understand and appreciate the whole "It's only wrong if you get caught" thing, but this lady so got caught...she just didn't get 'caught'... It was painstakingly obvious. Not that I'm some crusader of justice now or anything, I'm just speaking for all the people (myself included) who've gotten bullshit tickets from cops. An opportunity comes along for them to do their job and they do nothing about it. Maybe if it were closer to the end of the month and they had some space left on their quota, they might have done something. I'm bitter this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home