Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Walnut Creek

Howdy folks,

Well, the weekend was keen. I went up to Walnut Creek to visit my friend Reiko from UCLA. Traveling with me on my ‘reise’ were two other friends from UCLA: Jenny (who happens to be ex-girlfriend #1) and Marcus (Jenny’s ex-boyfriend after me whom I was friends with before they hooked up)...interestingly enough (given that you actually find this interesting), Reiko was responsible for hooking up Jenny and I, as well as hooking up Marcus and Jenny later on...so yeah...

Did a lot of just hanging out, drinking, etc. on Saturday...went to the Pyramid Alehouse for dinner which wasn’t too spectacular…then went to San Francisco on Sunday for lunch/dinner at the Fisherman’s Wharf followed by random wandering about the city. I think San Francisco is an incredible city...just absolutely gorgeous...but I could never live there…the streets are too confusing...! I even stumbled across a ‘Kid Robot’-esque store called 'Double Punch' and bought another Gama-go/Deathbot shirt (coincidentally, I was wearing my Gama-go/Deathbot Ale shirt at the time). I also picked up a nifty little vinyl figurine I had never heard of before called CARDBOY!...he fights crime in every city!...except when it’s raining... ... ... Even though I really wanted to, I did not get tattooed over the weekend...I didn’t want to take up ‘valuable Reiko time’ from the rest of the group just to fulfill my scarification desires...

Sunday evening was the most ‘un-sober’ night I’ve had in a while and we went through several rounds of the game Taboo (my team lost…damn it, Jenny!). Eventually I passed out on the floor and we departed at 8:00AM Monday morning. It was long (crappy) drive home and we made stops in Atascadero (that place is the shit, man!) and Solvang (Jenny and Marcus had to use the restroom and I wanted to buy pastries for my parents). So I just relaxed and watched crappy TV shows all night and went to sleep at some point.

Back at work...good to be on familiar soil...but I don’t miss the L.A. traffic one bit. I had to deal with so many crazy bitches (men and women) on the road whilst on my voyage into Burbank...people are so much more laid back up north...fewer SUVs, too...!

You will find a new Trivia for Squiggle posted below...


"How willingly - they lay their love.
How willingly - they sacrifice themselves,
To the locust master - to the one that drowned the world.
They love their parasite god - yet they crucify me."
Mortiis, "Scar Trek/Parasite God"

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Wow! That's quite a weekend you've had!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home