Thursday, February 16, 2006

Holy Crap!

One of my most favorite video game franchises is being made into a movie!...finally! And Paul W.S. Anderson is directing it! I don't care what people say about him, I like his work. Sure, I would've liked to have seen "Resident Evil" done by George Romero (who was originally signed on to do the flick before Sony dropped him from the project) and I was a little disappointed that RE was more of a slick action flick, but Anderson does write a good story, he has an AMAZING attention to detail, utilizes practical effects and miniatures as much as possible, and doesn't use lots of CG unless he has to (well, these days at least)...some of the best CG I've ever seen was in his movies because I didn't even know certain parts had CG until I listened to the DVD commentary...and on that note, I'd have to say that another movie (not one of Anderson's) that utilized great CG was "Down With Love" with Ewan McGregor and Renee Zellweger...ok, I gotta get back to work...


"She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you from behind"
Cliff Richards, "Devil Woman"

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Holy crap, indeed! I had no idea what you were talking about until I clicked the link and saw it! It's about time, man! OK. I'm excited now.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home