Thursday, March 09, 2006

Return of the Schlock (& Other Random Tidbits)

Ok, first and foremost, I'm hoping to get a new Trivia for Squiggle up by tomorrow. I don't have the TFS materials at work and I haven't had time in the evening at home to get them up on the net...sorry!

As for this post's headline, I think I'm going to bring back posting random, weird (and mostly B-movie) movie quotes at the end of each post. Not that song quotes weren't fun...I mean, check out the "Gay Bar" discussion in the previous post's comments section!...but I'm just kind of in a movie quote mood at the moment. Although this time around I'll probably show the answer to a post's quote in the next post as opposed to amassing a lot of quotes and doing a "Movie Quote Answers" post.

So I met up with a girl last night (whom I met online). Whilst on my way home she texted me to say she had a good time (and that I was cuter in person)...and I didn't text back last night because she said she would call me. Well, she didn't call, but she does get off work at 11:30PM and then she has a bit of a drive home. So she was probably tired and I totally understand. But when I got to work this morning I texted her back and this is what I said: "I had a keen time, too! & if I may say, mm"...OK, so here's what happened: I was going to text something along the lines of "your pics online don't do you justice now that I've met you in person"...and I really do mean that...but I was going too fast and pressed the wrong button...then when I went to hit "CLR" to delete the "mm" I accidentally hit "OK" to send...egad! So I called her really quick and left a message to explain...because ending something on "mm" is just plain weird and kinda makes me sound like a pervert (not that I'm not, but that's besides the point...!)...but I took too long to explain and the answering machine cut me off. So I called back to finish what I needed to say...the whole time realizing that this all seems weird on my part and this girl probably thinks I'm a retard. But for whatever reason, I couldn't think of any other way to approach the situation. Damn you, text messaging! Damn you to Hell! ... ... ...well, it wouldn't be the first time I've scared off a girl...

Everybody at work has such noisy shoes...even the men wear some kind of shoe that makes it sound like someone in high heels is approaching...it's weird...I never know who is creeping up behind me... I myself wear a Skechers boot/shoe/Doc Marten kind of...shoe. So I'm really quiet when I walk around and I've scared people because they didn't know I was close because they couldn't hear me...there I go scaring people again...it's kind of what I do, I guess...

It's hard out here for a troll!


Phyllis: What's that smell?
Grimm: Used wine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

He uses "keen" a lot, HDD. I think we have The Tick to blame. (You know who The Tick is, right?)

I'm sorry you frighten the ladies, Scott. It's ok, though. It only seems to be single girls so far. HDD keeps coming back and seems to think you're cute. Too bad she's married, huh?

(I have no idea where that quote is from.)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home