Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Huh?

Now, I don’t go voicing my opinion on political/world news shite all that often, but this one kinda gets me. I think it’s a tad weird how the U.S. is so worried about terrorism and so untrusting of Arabs, yet Bush wants to go ahead with selling the ownership of six American seaports to the United Arab Emirates...a decision which has actually brought Republicans and Democrats together against it! I have nothing against Arabs and I don’t get worried about terrorism like how most people are (and I live within a mile of the LAX airport, folks…so I guess I should have a reason to be worried, but I’m not)… I just think it’s a weird move, even for Bush, especially given the way the country feels towards Arabs and about the situation. But I really think we should leave all of our ports (sea and air) in our own control...at the very least to prevent a big "I told you so" in the end... I used to work in the freight industry and I know that as hard as U.S. Customs tries to prevent problems with the import/export business, they can’t catch everything when there are millions of big-ass freight containers coming into the country every year that require shitloads of paperwork...it would not be impossible to sneak something in via container...

We're living in a world where Henry Rollins becomes a 'person of interest' (in regards to the possibility of being a terrorist) whilst on a flight to Australia, just for reading a book on the rise of militant Islam in Central Asia. Now, even though that had to deal with Australia and over something so ridiculous, imagine what the uproar will be if this port thing officially goes through.

This is an unrelated headline, but doesn't it make you giggle...just a little...?: "Kid Rock Sues to Block Scott Stapp Sex Tape" ... Now, as far as I know, it wasn't KR and SS having sex...it was them with some groupies...but still, not that I ever held a high opinion of Kid Rock, but it just lowered like you wouldn't believe...why on earth would anyone want to have sex anywhere near Scott Stapp? Alcohol must be a helluva substance...


"Sick and weak from my condition
This lust, this vampiric addiction
To her alone in full submission
None better, Nymphetamine"
Cradle of Filth, "Nymphetamine"

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Cocaine's a helluva drug!

Bush hasn't really given anyone a reason to believe that public outrage will cause him to sway his opinions. He said it was a divine mandate that he was elected a second time. It was a close race, but he seemed to think it was divine mandate. I just hope we can go on for three more years without him bringing opposition forces to our soil.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home