Tuesday, November 28, 2006

TQFS #4 Answers

Currently listening to: "LOA House" by King Diamond

Yasamin once again conquers the competition with 6 out of 10 correct...but props to Doug for that little explanantion of acids and bases...and that bit on whale blubber, despite that that was the incorrect answer...

And not that I expect everyone to check my blog every day, but I am a little disappointed HDD wasn't able to chime in...therefore:

But I did come across quite a bit of food trivia, so maybe next time...I'll try to work on a 'tv shows anything from the 80's and warner brothers cartoons' installment for Yasamin...Doug, what do you want to be quizzed on?

1. How many flowers must a honey bee tap to make one pound of honey?
C. 2,000,000
That's a lot of tapping...

2. Astronaut John Glenn had the first meal in space when he ate what pureed food squeezed from a tube aboard Friendship 7 in 1962?
A. Applesauce
Not that applesauce is great, but if sardine paste and pureed salisbury steak was what they had to eat in space, I'd just go hungry...or eat the other astronauts...

3. Invented in 1889, what was the first ready-mix food to be sold commercially?
C. Aunt Jemima pancake flour

4. Frank Epperson invented what in 1905 when he was 11 years old?
C. Popsicle

5. Capsaicin, which makes hot peppers "hot" to the human mouth, is best neutralized by what?
A. Casein, the main protein found in milk

6. How many people can China's Beijing Duck Restaurant seat at one time?
B. 9,000
I kinda want to know how big the service staff is...

7. What was worth its weight in gold during the Alaskan Klondike gold rush (1897-1898)?
C. Potatoes
Yup, according to the source I got this from it's potatoes...I never would've guessed...it said that potatoes were valued for their high vitamin C content...I didn't know they had any vitamins...

8. During World War II, bakers in the United States were ordered to stop selling what for the duration of the war on January 18, 1943?
A. Sliced bread
No explanantion was given why this was or how it helped the war effort, but there ya go...

9. What was the profession of George Jung, who invented fortune cookies in 1916?
B. Noodle maker in Los Angeles

10. Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of:
B. Peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth
I would really like to know how many people are afflicted with this condition...

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

I think I'm pretty fair at Star Trek trivia, but just if it's about the content of the stories. If you ask who played the character of Kang, or Captain Koloth, or the Squire of Gothos (same guy that played Koloth,) then I'd be utterly clueless.

I guess I'm just not that good at trivia.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i freaking rock!!! lol doug! im smarter then you!! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

i laugh now because i know its totally not true and i guessed every answer so far except for the one about TIffany. lol

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home