Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Movie Stars, Swimmin' Pools

Currently listening to: "Voodoo" by King Diamond

SWIPED from Yasamin's blog...trivia answers are below this post...

1. Popcorn or candy?
Hmmm…I’ll say candy because it seems that all the theatres I go to already have the popcorn buttered…I hate the yellow ooze they put on popcorn when I go to the movies…and it gives me the runs… I like non-buttered popcorn, but it had better have some fucking salt on it! I don’t really like candy either…but I’d rather have a few crappy pieces Nestle’s Buncha Crunch or whatever than get the runs…

2. Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever?
In regards to Yasamin’s answer, I’d have to say ewwww to Requiem for a Dream. I had a bad experience seeing that in the theatre…not only did I feel kinda dirty walking out of the flick, but I saw it with a bad crowd…people laughed at some of the most depressing, heart-wrenching (thank Christ I don’t have a heart anymore) moments which made me want to slay everyone…it’s a really sad movie… But what have I been meaning to see? A Clockwork Orange…I’m not a big fan of Kubrick’s stuff and I’ve always been turned off by the movie’s one-sheet art…that floating eyeball on Malcolm McDowell’s wrist…can’t be a good sign of things to come…and one of the most interesting things I’ve heard about the movie is about the apparent rape scene involving the song “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head”…but I’m not always in the mood for watching people get raped…disemboweled, tortured (although I think the torture genre is getting out of hand), whatever…Hell, even the severed head sodomy in the unrated version of High Tension wasn’t so bad…but rape? Iduno…

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar. Who loses theirs and to whom? Don’t care who loses it, as long as it gets sent to Gary Oldman…for anything…

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe.
The demon’s green cape in the American Ballet Company’s version of Swan Lake…I can do without the cod piece though…I’d hate for some girl to get her hopes up and then find out the sad and pitiful truth…

5. Your favorite film franchise is...
EVIL DEAD!

6. Invite five living movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them?
1. Bruce Campbell – because he’s fuckin’ BRUCE CAMPBELL!
2. Marcus Nispel (director of the 2003 version of Texas Chain Saw and countless commercials/music videos) – he’s an artist and started his career as a painter…he loves to use light and always employs dramatic lighting effects in his work…I’d just like to have him over so he can teach me how to and what set up I would need so my domicile looks bitchin’ (lighting-wise)
3. Gary Oldman – because he’s fuckin’ GARY OLDMAN!!!
4. Paul W.S. Andersen – I respect his work but at the same time I’m a bit irritated with it…I love how he believes in practical effects and only uses digital when absolutely necessary (keep Event Horizon out of that argument)…but he’s got a CASTLEVANIA movie coming up, so I’d like to be able to sit down with him and hear his ideas so I can then retort and tell him how to not fuck it up (Castlevania is one of my most favorite video game franchises ever…if the movie sucks, some heads are gonna roll)…
5. Milla Jovovich – it’s like Smurfette…you need at least one girl in the group…and Milla’s just so damn hot…I would’ve picked Mariska Hargitay, but she’s primarily a TV actress and only plays bit parts in movies…when she does them…I gotta rewatch Lake Placid…
Oh, and we’d all eat Pizza Hut Meatlovers pizza with no cheese (I can’t have dairy) and extra sauce…because I’m lazy, they have to take what I give them, and I don’t like to cook for a group of people…

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cellphones in the movie theater?
Sodomy…with something hard and sand-papery…

8. Choose a male and a female bodyguard from a film:
Uh…I can’t think of any bodyguards…does Leeloo from The Fifth Element count? As for a dude? Ummm… ummm… Jason Voorhees…cuz he guarded his Mom’s severed head in the second movie…

9. What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie?
Joan Rivers… =)
(But in regards to Yasamin's answer, if you want to see some SCARY boobs, go to awfulplasticsurgery.com and look up Courtney Love's scary rippling boobs...egad!)

10. Your favorite genre (excluding "comedy" and "drama") is...
ZOMBIE MOVIES!

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?
ZOMBIE MOVIES! But no fucking piece of shit running zombies, damn it! I liked “28 Days Later” (and those are NOT zombies, by the way) but fuck you Danny Boyle for making that film and ruining the genre…it wasn’t the first ‘zombie’ movie with running ‘zombies’ but it was the first most prominent in the public eye…

12. If Jesus were to submit a synopsis of a documentary about life in America since 9/11, what would his p.o.v. be?
“Y’all are dumb”

13. Down in front all you troublemakers!!!
I expect Doug to take a stab at this…he’s really the only one I can call out on this one…

9 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Good answers! Gary Oldman should have had an Oscar a long time ago for pretty much anything. And I think it's Singin' in the Rain in A Clockwork Orange while the rape and beating is going on. Brilliantly twisted flick and a strange book as well.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

"Singin' in the Rain" huh? That's even better! I'm still probably going to put off watching it...

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good call on not only gary oldman but BRUCE CAMPBELL!!! I have both his books signed by him!!! HES AWESOME!!! ;P damn. wish i would have remembered him. :p mmm evil dead

lol everything about courtney love sucks dude. she shouldn't be alive.

lol @ the cod piece.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

You little bastard! Why'd you have to tag me for this!? :Þ

I understand why you'd want that cape. I wonder if people wonder why you've seen the American Ballet Company's Swan Lake...

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmfao! yeah doug has a point... what the hell are you doin watching ballet. thats not very metal. lol (stolen saying from grant)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I feel like I have this need to say that I know why you've seen Swan Lake. I just wonder if others wonder why that is.

Yas, Scott is a bigger mystery than anyone may ever know. Not necessarily because of his having seen this ballet (there's a perfectly rational explanation for that,) but for all aspects of his life.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or his eyeball fear.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Yas: Yeah, there's that, too.

4:27 PM  
Blogger paula said...

YESSSSSS I love zombie movies. They KICK ASS.

Top Three:

1. 28 Days Later - I love how wicked-fast the little brain suckers are in that flick.

2. Shaun of the Dead - Just for fabulous "briish" humor's sake.

3. Dawn of the Dead - Any flick that has a cover like "Down with the Sickness" in lounge-lizard mode is right up my alley, yo.

;)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home