Tuesday, November 21, 2006

TASAI #3 Answers

Currently listening to: "Eighth Lock" by GWAR

It looks like the almighty Squiggle is this week's winner with a score of 6 out of 10...although there really is no prize, other than that warm and squishy feeling you get knowing that you kicked all ass...

Sorry this is coming so late in the day...the computers in my immediate working area were out of commission for a while due to some electrical problems...

1. In "Die Hard," when Sgt. Al Powell (the cop played by Reginald VelJohnson) is at the am/pm and looks up at the Nakatomi Tower, what is the cost of Regular gasoline?
A. $0.74 9/10
Yup, almost $0.75 back in the late 80's. Last time I paid for gas (4 days ago) I paid $2.41 per gallon. I have a picture from 2001 of my (now ex-)girlfriend flipping me off (because I told her to...not because she was mad at me...all that came later in the relationship) and you can see a gas station price sign in the background...and the regular stuff was only something like $1.15 or $1.17 back then...so sad...

2. The term vibrissae is the scientific name for:
B. The whiskers of a feline
I'm glad answer A got one guess...mucus membrane of a goat...hehehe...

3. What was the middle name of Dharma Montgomery (Jenna Elfman) on TV's "Dharma & Greg"?
A. Freedom

4. The African nation of Mali was once known as:
C. French Sudan

5. Despite there being 10 "Friday the 13th" films (11 if you count "Freddy vs. Jason"), which sequel is titled "The Final Chapter"?
A. Part IV
Part VI was also known as "Jason Lives" and Part VIII was one of my personal favorites...the ever ridiculous, ever retarded, whythafuckdidtheydothat? schlock disasterpiece "Jason Takes Manhattan" (which was notable because it was Kelly Hu's big screen debut as the nerdy Eva Watanabe...who is peer-pressured into doing coke by one of the slutty chicks in the movie...so she dies...although I just like the film because it's stupid and Kane Hodder's in it)...

6. Bea Arthur's real name is:
B. Bernice Frankel

7. What is the subtitle of the Marvin Gaye song "Mercy Mercy Me"?
B. The Ecology
I wish the Bacon & Sausage answer were true...

8. What is Bart Simpson's middle name?
A. Jo-Jo

9. What was the original name of the Baby Ruth candy bar?
C. Kandy Kake
Sorry it wasn't anything exciting like Nut Crunch...and Sleuth's Bar was the name of the bar and grill in the setting of this fine waste of celluloid.

10. The masked crimefighting alter ego of Quick Draw McGraw is:
B. El Kabong

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Wow. I really suck at this! I really thought that VIII was the final chapter, but that's all based on my memory of what you've told me. I remember that VIII had some significance. Now, of course, I realize that it's because he left the frickin' camp!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Squiggle said...

Awesome! =) Yay me!

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home