Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Well, isn't that special?

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

An excavation in Italy discovered two skeletions who died hugging each other...apparently that's supposed to be moving or heartfelt or something... Now, the information I learned in college for my major came from a lot of archaeological study (not that I ever dug up anything personally) so it may be weird for me to say this, but when you think about it, if these two people did indeed die in a loving embrace it's kinda fucked up that someone now is disturbing that 'eternal embrace'...you know they're just going to dig up the bodies (it's not like they'd re-bury them out of respect) and put them in a museum somewhere...which is where we'll all be in a thousand years...well, unless some psychopath eats your flesh and dissolves your bones in a vat of acid in his/her basement...

The Eternal Embrace
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070206/sc_nm/italy_embrace_dc

4 Comments:

Blogger paula said...

I can't even imagine spending more than an hour or two at a time in anyone's presence... unless I'm at work, and that means I at least get a measly paycheck.

The thought of spending an eternity in the spiny embrace of a dead lover just makes me ill.

Love is over-rated.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

That's how I want to be buried! Then people will dig us up millenia later, but customs will have changed and they'll see us and think "What the hell is this!? That's just wrong!"

9:46 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

The thought of spending an eternity in the spiny embrace of a dead lover just makes me ill.

Hehehe...spiny embrace of a dead lover...yet again, for the second day in a row, I sit and giggle like a little girl responding to a comment posted on my blog...hehehe...

Love is over-rated.
Fuckin' seriously...

11:03 AM  
Blogger paula said...

Well, I'm old and bitter - so those kind of statements are common from me ;)

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home