Monday, February 05, 2007

Is It Any Wonder?

"If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience." ~ Robert Fulghum

My sister just returned Keane's second album ("Under the Iron Sea") to me after having it for, well, a long time (and it was only released last year!)...and before I go any further, yes, I listen to Keane. I actually can identify with a lot of the song lyrics because let's face it, Tom Chaplin must've had his heart ripped out by someone before/whislt writing those songs...but that's not why I listen to this band. I really like their combination of vox, percussion, and keyboards...the sound is just right and actually more pure on their first album than their second... While getting reacquainted with #2, I was reminded of these lines that express something I've felt for a long time:

"Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm
Stranded in the wrong time
Where love is just a lyric in a children's rhyme, a soundbite"
from "Is It Any Wonder?"

Just before you think I'm getting totally sappy, I'll say this: I dig the era I'm living in as far as technology, music, zombie movies, etc...but I always thought it'd be keen to be born a couple thousand years ago when you could get away with almost anything and there was no forensic science CSI shite to catch people...MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And as much as I would like to believe in that thing you humans call love, maybe it really is just is a lyric...that 'nice' thing you say to make people feel good and to sell records, movies, and books... So on that note, here's the other cool line I heard from another CD my sister returned to me:

"The Devil's hungry and he's eating light!!!"
from "Hell's on Fire" on Metal Skool's "Hole Patrol"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home