Friday, March 17, 2006

This Morning's Shopping Excursion

OK, so when I got to work this morning, my first task was to locate big-ass Ronald McDonald-like clown shoes and red/white striped socks...and this was actually for work, for the head of our company...for some kind of gag during an interview. So I looked up a bunch of places online, made a few calls, and as it turns out the only place within a reasonable distance that had something close to what I was looking for was the Hollywood Toy & Costume Company on Hollywood Blvd, which is not too far away from Burbank...I had been there before to buy zombie make-up and fake severed limbs for the zombie short flick I did almost a year and a half ago.

The socks were a complete success, although the shoes were not quite what I wanted to get. They only had plastic red shoes that look kinda cheesy...any vinyl-like, shiny clown shoes were multi-colored...cool designs, but not what the company was looking for...I even sent a picture message on my phone (of the shoes, so the people in the office could see) for the first time. Since I was there I decided to poke around and do some shopping for myself. I could spend all day in a place like that and I saw so much stuff I wanted to buy, but needed to control myself. They had a cauldron full of nooses there, so I had to buy one of those...and I also ended up getting a plain white hockey mask - I have a glow in the dark one that Doug got me from Canada, but I thought I should get a plain white one, too, to add to my small but hopefully growing mask collection.

So when I got back to the office and presented my findings to the VP who requested them, I walked in with noose in hand and mask on face! He got a big kick out of it and I did walk around the office briefly after that with the noose around my neck. It's a good thing most of the higher-ups are hiding away in some crazy meeting right now...otherwise I'd probably be writing this from home instead of work!


Doug had mentioned these lines before, but what the hell, here goes anyway:
VR teen girl #1: Hey, do you want a beer?
VR teen girl #2: Or do you wanna smoke some pot?
VR teen girl #1: Or we can have premarital sex?
[both remove their tops]
VR teen girl #1, VR teen girl #2: We love premarital sex!

The previous post's quote was from "Beetlejuice"
Lydia = Winona Ryder

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

That's awesome! I love it!

To all: Regarding the topless VR girls from Scott's quote. That may be the best scene in that movie, but not for the nudity. That sort of nudity you can find almost anywhere.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home