Friday, October 27, 2006

Stay on Target?

Currently listening to: "Rosenrot" by Rammstein

The interesting thing about Target (or Targét as I like to call it) is that their television commercials are so well done and have such high production value...but then you actually go into a Target and it's so not as hip and cool as they make themselves out to be...not that I'm a 'hip and cool' kind of guy, but still! It's a tad deceiving, no? I always feel like I need to take a shower upon just walking through the front door and I can’t help but think "Why am I here with all these losers?"...not that I’m not a loser...but where else are ya gonna go for plastic bins or bulk candy?...and the weird thing is that I don’t even eat the candy...I have a room full of it that I keep adding to and I swim around in it like Scrooge McDuck in his money vault... ... ...actually, I buy it for all my little piggies at work...I keep a candy jar at my desk and the vultures peck away at it daily...it’s how I keep my job...not through hard work or dedication or loyalty to the company...just candy...and by feeding the masses they also forget all about 'Land of the Dead' and 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre' imagery at the desk...or just ignore it because they’re getting free eats... But I digress...so yeah, bottom line on that: Target ain't cool, no matter how hard they try...you just can’t shine a turd...

Upon my last trip there I bought Target brand body wash and Target brand hand soap. They were both about ¼ the price of the regular stuff I buy. I'm not a stranger to the concept of 'You get what you pay for' but I'll give a store brand a try every once in a while to see if there actually is some value in it. Well, here's Scott’s review:

The hand soap smells like a wet towel that's been sprayed with some horrid kind of perfume.

The body wash is very...watery... It’s like I go to just use a little to wash my face in the shower and I get a whole handful without even trying...and it doesn’t lather up very well...and it’s way too scented... I normally use Axe body wash...very concentrated...smells nice...and you feel clean after using it... It doesn’t, however, have that effect they portray in the commercials where women just flock to you and sniff you...that;s not the reason why I started using it in the first place...and it's not like I want random girls sniffing me...once I was basically dry humped from behind by some fat girl for over an hour and it wasn't pleasant...but that was at a general admission, standing room only Rob Halford concert...so that kind of shite just comes with that territory...but in regards to the Axe soap, it was on sale and I ended up liking it, so that’s why I continue to buy it.

That is all I have to say...sorry it wasn’t all that exciting...

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Yas said...

kay... i love target (pronounced tarjay) but i think the commercials kinda freak me out a bit.

i bought their version of dove liquid body soap and it was great.

and stop lyin about why you buy axe. you buy it for the axe effect dontcha?

and finally... sounds like someone don't like fat chicks. its cool. we are used to not being liked by now. lol

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home