Monday, November 13, 2006

Take A Stab At It #1

Currently listening to: "Enslaved and Condemned" by Old Man's Child

OK, I'm really going to need feedback on this one. I was trying to come up with a new approach to the trivia and came up with "Take A Stab At It"...and quite honestly I'm already missing "Trivia for Squiggle"...it had a nicer ring to it...

So in this second era of useless facts I'm going to ask 10 questions per installment and you can all answer in the comments section. I can already see how this might be a problem in that you can all look up the answers online or whatever before posting responses...so I suppose I'm hoping you'll all just take a stab at the questions without (well, it's not necessarily, but I'll still call it) 'cheating'...hehe...

If I go this route, I suppose I'll shoot for two installments per week...maybe once on Monday and again on Thursday with the answers to the old questions at the bottom of the new post...of course, this idea might totally suck and we'll just end up seeing "TFS: Era II" in no time... Even though it takes a little longer to do, I had fun writing the questions for "TASAI #1"...it's either this or I could post five trivia bits along with every normal post I do (so there's always useless bits of random info and it'll get you all to read my posts!...)...or I could just go back to posting 25 questions per week in one long post... I'll let the people decide...you're the ones who have to look at this crap...

OK, so here goes...feel free to be brutally honest with your feedback...!

1. "Avocado" actually comes from a Nahuatl word meaning:
A. Jewel
B. Rock
C. Testicle

2. Esperanto has how many irregular verbs?
A. 0
B. 6
C. 13

3. Axilla is the medical term for what body part?
A. The lower jaw
B. The area between the genitals and the anus
C. The armpit

4. The number 138,435 can represent:
A. The length of a marathon in feet
B. The typical quantity of quills on a porcupine
C. The weight of the Washington Monument in tons

5. What was the original name of the Peach colored Crayola crayon
before it was changed in 1962?
A. Light Orange
B. Yellow Pink
C. Flesh

6. What did the color Prussian Blue become when Crayola changed its
name in 1958?
A. Midnight Blue
B. Cadet Blue
C. Denim

7. How often does the title character in "Dumbo" speak?
A. Once
B. Twice
C. Never

8. The sitcom "Just Shoot Me" involved people working at what fashion
magazine?
A. Flirt
B. Blush
C. Bull's Eye

9. The name Darwish refers to:
A. The talking dolphin on "seaQuest DSV"
B. The last name of pop singer Tiffany
C. The wharf where the Boston Tea Party was held

10. A log-rolling tournament is known as a:
A. Roleo
B. Loggery
C. Turnabout

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay i'm warning you now.. im only good at tv shows anything from the 80's and warner brothers cartoons. so ... with taht said...

1. b rock
2. a whats an irregular verb? lamo and i'm a writer!! lol
3. b the taint! lol no actually i think its c the armpit
4. b typical quanitity of quills on a porcupine
5. c flesh
6. a midnight blue
7. c never (but he cries alot)
8. flirt i hated that show
9. b tiffany's last name!
10. c a turnabout? lol

so now you know for a fact that i didnt cheat because im pretty sure most of those are wrong... except #9 which i would stake your life on. lol

2:23 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

The taint! hehehe...I actually did laugh out loud here at my desk when I read that...I almost can't wait to post the correct answers to everything...I'll try to include a little blurb about the answers where I can when I post the new ?s...

dsuhxwem!

3:06 PM  
Blogger SamuraiFrog said...

1. c. I mean, it LOOKS like a testicle. So do kiwi. The fruit, not the bird.
2. b?
3. a. Isn't the maxilla the upper jaw?
4. c, but that's a wild guess.
5. c.
6. a.
7. c, never. Disney's one of my trivia strengths. Besides, hanging out with Timothy, who could get a damn word in?
8. b. I loved that show.
9. b. Still in love with Tiff.
10. b?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

1. C
2. B
3. A
4. C
5. A
6. A
7. C
8. B
9. B
10. C

No comments. I'm just boring.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

taint makes me giggle like a school girl. other words/phrases that make me giggle and blush or make gross out faces...
weenie...
spoodge....
beef curtains...
brown eye...
etc.

lol

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home