Sunday, June 26, 2005

Movie Quote Answers

Here are the answers to all the movie quotes I've posted thus far. Doug was indeed correct with every answer he provided. The sad thing is that I messed up on the first quote when I started this thing (and I'm not counting the Brad Pitt speech from Fight Club. I screwed the pooch on the quote from Congo, but oh well, I hadn't seen the movie in probably a year or so when I posted the quote...and I've killed a few brain cells since then.

6/16
"Stop eating my sesame cake!"
The actor is Delroy Lindo in an uncredited role as Captain Wanta in Congo.

6/17
"Workshed..."
The actor is Bruce Campbell as Ashley J. Williams in Evil Dead II. This is actually a famous line among fans of this flick as it is VERY out of sync with the picture.

"I'll swallow your soul!"
First spoken in Evil Dead II by Henrietta's (tranformed) decapitated head. This line was revisited in the domestic theatrical release of Army of Darkness by a deadite who appears in the S-Mart at the very end. The international/Director's Cut version of this film has a different ending sans the soul swallowing line.

6/20
"I'm an American! And we're tough."
Spoken by Denny Sachen while portraying Steven Hillman in Die Hard Dracula. If you ever actually see this film, you'll see how it's almost impossible to believe it was shot in the late 90's. I'd be amazed if they spent more than 1,000 bucks on this steaming cowpie.

6/21
"When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth."
This line appears in the original 1978 version and 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. Interestingly enough, it was spoken by Ken Foree in each flick, but in two different roles, as Peter and a Televangelist, respectively. Then again, if they got anyone else to speak the line, it would almost be blasphemous.

6/22
"I like Dick."
This line was spoken by Jane Longenecker in Roger Corman Presents: DinoCroc. I have a theory on this one. Let me give you some background info. So a big-ass killer crocodile is on the loose and this local town hires a crocodile hunting expert from Australia to catch said beast...and his name is Dick. Jane's character (Diane) is a glorified dog catcher and she goes to the local bar with her artist boyfriend (Tom) to meet the croc hunter. At the bar, Dick hits on Diane and basically ignores everything Tom says. Later on, when Diane and Tom go back to Tom's place, he complains about Dick and says something along the lines of "He's an Aussie asshole/sonofabitch/whatever"...thus prompting Diane to say "I like Dick." NOW, onto my theory: I'm not going to be surprised if they came up with this line/situation first and then wrote the whole movie around it just so they could get a girl to say "I like Dick" and get away with it. ... ... ... yeah, OK, I'm lame...

NEW QUOTE!:
"Zombies, man. They creep me out."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home