Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wrong Number

I just got a call (I'm at work) from a lady who works at a restaurant within the 310 area code which shall remain nameless. She was calling to confirm so-and-so's reservation for 12:30 today. The last name of the guy sounded very much like my boss's husband's first name, so I asked if the reservation was for (fill in my boss's husband's first and last name). Then the lady repeated the name and questioned whether or not she actually had the right number. I asked "Are you calling Viacom Consumer Products?" (where I work) and she said "Uh...maybe"... I realized at that moment that that was a seriously retarded question to ask. What I should've asked was "Are you calling (fill in my work number here)?" as normal people don't say "I'd like to make a reservation...and I work for (fill in name of prestigious company here)!" As it turns out, she was calling for someone here on the lot but got her numbers mixed up. What happened on my end is that I went into 'auto-mode,' so to speak, as I get quite a few wrong number calls of people who get transferred incorrectly by the switchboard here on the lot...and then there's the random people trying to get through to anyone on the lot or even fans who want us to publish their Star Trek books. Yeah, I'm retarded, but it's too damn early (11:00AM!)...

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

Have you never been to California, Raza? We're an extremely laid back people. As far was we're concerned, 3:00 PM is early. Oddly enough, 11:00 PM is late. Unless you're the type to visit Sunset Strip, in which case 8:00 AM is late. Otherwise, all we do is surf, sleep, and smoke pot, while attending yoga, eating tofu salad and banning the smoking of cigarettes. The whole state. We're all on the beach. (Except for those of us who go party on Sunset Strip.)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I don't surf, either! However, when I wake up, it's already close to 11:00 AM for Raza, apparently. What can I say? I'm a lazy bastard!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Whereas I'm just your typical, average bastard.

"I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard."
-Seth Gecko, "From Dusk Till Dawn"

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home