Thursday, June 02, 2005

X3: All Signs Point to Ratner

I wasn't going to post this as a blog entry because I didn't want to detract from another round of Tritia's questions, but Doug convinced me in a very simple email response that this was good blog material...so here's the email I sent in its entirety:

Here's a link (below) to a story from Ain't It Cool News that gives pretty good clues linking the notoriously hacky and uber-asshole Brett Ratner as the new director for X3...and all I can say is if that's the case, then kiss this franchise goodbye.
For those who don't know, Ratner's previous work includes the Rush Hour movies (his biggest success although I wouldn't say he deserves the credit for those films's success)...his most recent flick was After the Sunset which did poorly at the box office domestically. The only film he did which I actually liked was Red Dragon, but again he wasn't the driving force of that movie as it had Anthony Hopkins, Edward Norton, Ralph Fiennes, and Harvey Keitel in it...with all that talent they probably could've got the guy who did Gigli and it still would've been good. I'm still wondering what Ratner spent $78 million on for Red Dragon...unless they paid Hopkins, Norton, and Fiennes $20 mil a piece...

AICN EXCLUSIVE!! Wanna Know Who’s Directing X3 Now?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home