Thursday, June 02, 2005

Questions! Issue IV, First Edition

Welcome to yet another round of questions from Tritia, complete with a bonus 'rant.' Please feel free to post your responses in the comments section. On a side note, I still haven't done the E3 picture thing yet, obviously. As usual, I've been busy...but I also can't really decide on how I want to post the pictures. I'm contemplating creating an online photo gallery that I could link to this page so if ever there's a picture to share, it'll all be in one place as opposed to having people scroll through so many posts to get to something they want to see. I looked into Yahoo! Photos as well as some other service which I can't remember the name of right now. One of the problems I have with those services is that they also make your pictures available for sale, unless you specify to make the online photo album private and viewable only by those who are invited. It just kind of rubs me the wrong way, I guess. I could probably make an Angelfire site or something and just do it all from scratch by myself but then it's not going to look all that great as my knowledge of HTML is very basic. So yeah, I don't know, hoepfully I'll resolve this this weekend...until then I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. But for now, here are the questions (in bold) and my answers (in plain text):

1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People.

2. What is your favorite candy?
Dark chocolate.

3. Finish this sentence: "I love it when . . ."
The first of a few questions I won’t be able to give my primary answer to. So what I will say is: I love it when the sky is gloomy. Living in L.A. with bright skies most of the time is actually kind of annoying and even depressing in a way. It’s nice to see a sheet of grey above every once in a while.

4. Finish this sentence: "I hate it when . . ."
Do you really want me to complete this sentence? Seriously, I could write volumes on this…

5. Finish this sentence: "The bear, while eating his lollipop, and the penguin, while holding her umbrella, . . ."
So, might ‘lollipop’ and ‘umbrella’ be code for something else?
Anyways, getting back on track but not really:
“…fucked anything that moved.”

6. Would you rather be fat or bald?
With my eating habits I don’t think I’ll ever be fat. But getting back to the question, I’d rather be bald. My weight generally sticks to around 110 pounds. The most I’ve ever weighed was 120 and even though that’s not much more weight than 110 (although I guess that all depends on how you look at it, as 10 pounds is almost one tenth my body weight) I could feel a difference in the extra weight I was carrying around. It just wasn’t as comfortable, but I don’t eat enough to hold the weight on, so I quickly dropped back to 110. Hell, I might even go bald on my own volition if I ever get really tired of having to deal with all this long hair. Hopefully I’ll be one of those guys who look cooler sans the hair, like Rob Halford.

7. What's worse -- paper cut or splinter?
Hmm…paper cut, because not only do they hurt, they are less interesting. Once I had a splinter that I didn’t take out right away and I guess it got infected because the splintered area got puffy and pus-filled. So I started picking at it and the splinter and pus all came out in one squirting spectacle of absolute disgustingness.

8. Pencil or Pen?
Pen, blue, medium point

9. If you answered pencil -- Mechanical or Traditional? If you answered pen -- Ball point or Roller ball?
Ball point.

10. If you had to give up one or the other forever ever, would you rather give up television or movies?
The ever growing shit machine that is television.

11. If you had to give up one or the other forever ever, would you rather give up (insert what you would rather keep from your answer to 10, above) or music?
I’m sure you specifically designed this question to trap me into this horrid dilemma. Damn…but I’ll go with the Rob Zombie ‘perspective’ and say movies as it is a medium that encompasses all the arts.

12. What is your favorite saying?
Well, here’s my favorite quote of the moment (now on two posts in a row!) which you are all now familiar with:
Listen up, maggots.
You are not special.
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
We are all part of the same compost heap.

13. What talent do you wish you had?
Hmmm…don’t think I should say what’s really on my mind here. So what I will say is that I would love to be able to play guitar at the creative level and proficiency of Galder from the Scandinavian black metal bands Dimmu Borgir and Old Man’s Child.

14. If Doug doesn't let you get Tritia a bunny for her birthday (or any living animal, for that matter), what will you get Tritia for her birthday?
A present.

15. What is the best (preferably non-offensive) joke you've ever heard?
This is the best one that came to mind at this moment:
What is the difference between a rottweiler and a Jewish mother?
(I’ve listed the answer as the first comment to this blog post)

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Eventually the rottweiler lets go.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

1. I'm not sure. People that don't use their turn signal?

2. I'm not sure. Right now I might say Necco wafers.

3. I love it when my wife smiles.

4. I hate it when my wife is upset.

5. The bear, while eating his lollipop, and the penguin, while holder her umbrella, were both completely unaware of the duckling that swam in the lake.

6. Fat. I'm pretty sure I could work it off.

7. Paper-cut. For some reason I feel like I could ignore a splinter, but paper-cuts are just too annoying.

8. Pencil. It's easier to correct mistakes and it writes in space for less money!

9. Mechanical. No shavings.

10. Probably television. I don't watch much television.

11. I'd have to go with Scott and say that I can get music in the movie.

12. "Needless to say..." because it obviously isn't needless to say as you end up say it just after you say "Needless to say."

13. I wish I could drive my hand through a person's ribcage and rip out the heart.

14. A present. (I'm original!)

15. What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?

A stick!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Ah, the lost art of the turn signal. That pisses me the Hell off too. It's there for a reason people! I can't fucking read minds...

I've almost gotten into three accidents in these past two weeks by assholes who drifted into my lane without using a turn signal (one just this morning!)...it's bad enough in general in L.A. but it's particularly horrid when you're in the Hollywood area...and don't even get me started on the pedestrians in West Hollywood (that might be another blog post)!

Whenever I see other drivers actually using their turn signals, I think they might have turned them on by accident because they keep driving and driving with them on but NEVER turn. Then there's the folks who turn on their signal to turn one direction but then turn the other. And while I'm kvetching, I might as well just shout out a big FUCK YOU to all the people who (while on a two lane street) make left turns from the right lane and vice versa. If I ever end up in the lane opposite from where I want to turn, then I just eat my SNAFU, turn around at the nearest possible opportunity, and head back the right direction. I hate driving...

5:13 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Rather cynical of you, Raza. (I say that like I didn't expect it. Ha!)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Raza: I suppose you're right.

Cindy: At first I thought you were saying: I hate it when... I'm with Scotty. It took a while before I realized you were just saying you were agreeing with him! Also, the joke one is preferrably non-offensive.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home