Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's on Random

Here's a few quick random things I thought I'd post before I actually get back to work...work? Um, yeah...

First of all, I put Bruce Dickinson's "Tyranny of Souls" album in my computer at work and CDs automatically start in RealPlayer. The interesting thing about RealPlayer is that they load information about the disc into the player's interface, giving the artist name, album title, track listing, runtimes... But also up in the corner is always a little blurb about the artist. Here's what it had to say about Bruce:

"Bruce Dickinson owns one of the most distinctive voices in all of metal. He deserves your worship."

Damn straight.

Second, I saw this news post on imdb.com about Britney Spears:
Britney Spears reportedly wants to rush a new album into shops, because she's running out of money since becoming pregnant. The pop star and husband Kevin Federline are struggling to fund their celebrity lifestyle and the recent $7 million purchase of and renovations on a new Malibu, California house, because neither are working - Spears rested her mic after conceiving the couple's first child, and dancer Federline hasn't worked for over a year. According to New York Post columnist Cindy Adams, the panicking pop princess wants to release another moneyspinning disc. Adams reports, "Mrs. Federline recently made a quiet call to her record label. The gist of the discussion: We've got to get money in the house. Cash flow is going down. How about we cut another album?"
You mean Britney's only doing it for the money??? Surely, no! I'd say "Whatever happened to artistic integrity?" but I'm sure that concept is foreign to her. My favorite part is that they are "struggling to fund their celebrity lifestyle"...struggling! Poor Britney.

And last, but certainly not least, China Opens Government-Run Clinic for Internet Addiction. Damn, we really are a pathetic species...

"It's on random."

2 Comments:

Blogger Gregg Lander said...

Re: Britney - question is what can they do that anybody will find relevant? The last album tanked (even though "Toxic" was cool). So who would want to work with her at this point? I say she does the obvious and asks for (and receives) the first $2 mil deal for posing in Playboy. Heck, I'd buy it...

10:39 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I'm totally not surprised about a government run Internet addiction clinic. It was only a matter of time before some government decided that this was needed. I think there are privately run places like that in the States. I'm not sure, but I think I've heard that some of them specialized in things like Everquest addictions and whatnot.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home