Monday, October 30, 2006

Don't Fuck with the Chicken

Currently listening to: "Fountains of the Forgotten" by Buckethead

KFC is switching from partially hydrogenated soybean oil to a 'no trans fat, will go along with the current diet fad soybean oil' to deep fry their wares. Read the story here. It's bad enough they got rid of the beef tallow back in the day...

Y'know, when I was younger the words "trans fat" weren't in my vocabularly...they practically didn't exist until all this Atkins/protein bar/South Beach Diet/crazy-skinny Hollywood movie starslut shite came about... As I get older, the world has become more and more of a place of "I'm not the one to blame for my health problems, obesity, pouring hot coffee on myself...it's the food and the corporations who sell it..."

I suppose that my point is, if you want to eat healthy, go to Souplantation or buy a salad (read: rabbit food)...don't fuck with the chicken! I eat fast food because it just tastes better...and it tastes better because it's made with things that aren't good for me...and I know this (obviously), but I do eat it in moderation because there's nothing more sad than a fat troll. If only others would understand this concept then we wouldn't come to these situations where something like this becomes the next cancer. What's next? Mandatory carrot sticks instead of fries?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. i agree that blaming others for someones fatness is totally wrong on so many levels...

but for some reason i keep gettin this idea that you dont like fat people just because they are fat.

im fat. not 120 lbs starving model fat. im really fat.. i know this. fuck of all people, i should totally knwo why im fat where it started how to stop it and all that jazz.

what people don't get is that most of the good food is fattening and the act of eating can become an addiction. it can kill you just as easily and can fuck up your head just as easily. i dont think they should change their usage of -trans fatty oils. i think they should incorporate a program that would help fat people get over their addiction to food.

its embarrassing and painful to know that i am addicted to food and that when im down i eat but i have been trying for years to do something about it and i know im not alone.

the idea of of trying to help fat people is a good one. the way they are going about it is wrong. dont make the fatty food slightly better for them to eat, teach them (us) how to not eat it.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trust me you didnt and you and i have alot in common.

it wasnt you that drove my post. it was the whole idea of the media. the people. everyone around me who looks at me like "the fat girl" but brings me fucking donuts in the morning. yeah. that kinda stuff. the fact that its halloween and some guy brought me a bag of candy because he doesnt want his kid to eat it but he knows with me... its gonna get eaten. (which i turned over to the other fat ladies of the office hehe) thats what angered me. im not mobrid looking but im a chunky monkey. a fatty. a fat chick. i knwo this. its not you that made me mad. its KFC for thinking that will fix the problem.

on another note along with being complete trolls and leaving amazingly long comments... we also share people anxiety. crowds gimme problems. i freak out. i just have to gte outta there. but i too... love goin to shows and its the only time i force mysefl to deal with that. Hell i was front row at a skinny puppy concert when a fucking wrench (yes a wrench) flew by my head from the crowd. I got knocked out at a deftones concert by some big ass burly man's elbow.

and they wonder why i hate crowds.

so yeah.. i understand. you and me... we should start a support group. long comment posting bloggers anonymous. :p

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fat troll, eh? There was this great episode of southpark where the boys were playing an Internet-based virtual adventure game and a player was violating all of the rules and killing other characters in this supposedly non-violent game.

The virtual character was all-powerful and then flashed on the "troll" in real life--a fat guy w/ a goatee and donut crumbs on his t-shirt who just barely blinked.

Not to make fun but it was a funny depiction of Internet trolls. I just learned that word, btw.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

It's supposed to be funny because they switched from saturated fats to partially hydrogenated oil because of pressure from health groups. This was about 15 years ago. Now the health groups are getting on their case because partially hydrogenated oil is bad for you (probably worse than saturated fats!) They should just go back to saturated fats!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home