Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Gift

Currently listening to: "The Endless Ocean" by Rabid Panda

I spent the majority of my day yesterday (11/1) away from my desk, but when I went to go check to see if I got any emails that needed to be tended to I found this on my desk:


Click on the image to enlarge...I tried to upload two other pictures with more close up details, but it was a pain in the ass just getting this one up...I saw a lot of 'This page cannot be displayed'...ANYWAYS, for those of you who know me, you know that my ONE weakness is anything having to do with eyeballs. I've seen some rather disgusting shite in my lifetime (real and fake) and I can handle virtually any gory scene a horror movie throws at me, but if it involves eyeballs in any way (popping out, getting stabbed, etc) I just can't take it and I have to turn away...it's all because of that 'flyball' scene in Evil Dead 2 that scarred me at a younger age.

So when I saw this eyeball bowl (it's ceramic, has eyeballs on the sides and has one ceramic eye attached on the inside of the bowl) with chocolate eyeball candies, I damn near had a fit in the office. Many people in the office know of my occular sphere aversion, so I thought this was some joke but I was not cool with it. I asked the other assistant who sits across from me "Who the Hell put this on my desk!?" and she said it was our boss...so damn it, I can't get mad at my boss...especially because the boss I have now is probably the best boss I've ever had...and she wasn't around at the time so I just went back to doing what I was doing in another part of the building. When I talked to her later and thanked her for the gift she told me that she didn't know about my, uh, 'problem' and had just found out about it after getting the bowl...she had bought one for the other assistant, too, by the way. My boss figured that with all the creepy stuff I'm in to, I would probably enjoy something like an eyeball bowl...so as it turns out it was a very thoughtful gift and she thinks it's funny as all Hell that I'm such a pussy when it comes to eyeballs - she didn't actually call me a pussy, but you know what I mean, ja? It's nice when you have a cool boss...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww she didnt know. what a bummer. buying gifts for people you arent like super family close with can be a real bitch.

as a matter of fact buying gifts for my family is a real bitch. you know what? i should just stop buying gifts.

cool eyeball bowl though. i always have the same empty threat with everyone that im gonna stick my finger in their eye. at least i know not to ever say that in a comment on your blog now. well... after today. hehe

9:31 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

It is odd that you have such an aversion. It's like in the movie Unbreakable where (according to Samuel L. Jackson) there are people with super powers, but those people also must have a weakness. Your super power is the ability to withstand gore, but your weakness is eyeballs.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home