Thursday, November 02, 2006

Well, what the Hell else are you supposed to do with it?

Currently listening to: "Living Among the Remains of Dead People" by Vond

I don't really understand the phrase "He/she wants to have his/her cake and eat it, too!" Well, what the Hell else are you supposed to do when you have cake? Are we just supposed to pass it around and let everyone hold it so we can all marvel at the glory and wonder that is baked goods? Would it be so greedy and wrong for one to eat a piece of cake that is in one's possesion? I know it's all metaphorical, but still...that's dumb...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh? I've never heard that. I thought it was always "cant have your cake and ice cream too" meh. weird.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

I think it's supposed to mean that you can't keep the cake as well as eat it. For instance, you've got a beautiful wedding cake and you want to save it because it's so pretty. However, you want to eat it, too. Well... good luck with that!

(This is something I've heard, but I think it sounds pretty good.)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home