Thursday, July 07, 2005

Another Reason to Hate

Is it just me or does bother you a little as well? Here's a little tidbit from Defamer.com about that jackass Omarion (ex-B2K)...my comments are after the quoted text from Defamer:

"After spending all day checking CNN for the horribly depressing updates on the terrorist bombings, finally, some good news out of London:

Fans Pray for Omarion After London Bombing
LOS ANGELES, July 7 /PRNewswire/ - T.U.G./Sony Recording Artist Omarion was in London during the tragic bombings that struck this morning. He would like his fans to pray that he has a safe trip and a safe return home. He appreciates your support.

The title of the press release is a little misleading, isn't it? Given what follows, It should probably read, “Fans, Pray For Omarion After London Bombing.” The comma placement is everything. Also, the folks at Sony probably should've thrown in something about praying for the people who died or were injured in the attacks, but now we're really just splitting hairs."

I honestly can't believe that someone at Sony actually seriously thought it was a good idea and took the time to contact the press with Omarion's request that we pray for him. What makes him so special that he is worthy of our prayers? He probably has enough money to make Solomon blush...if he dies on the way home, I don't think it would be a tragedy. Not that I'm praying for his death, mind you, I'm hoping he lives so he can soon see the day when no one cares about his pompous ass and he struggles to hold on to the withered and decaying shards of his career, not unlike how today many bad 80's hair bands are still trying to pursue a career or make that 'big comeback'...don't get me wrong, I liked quite a few 80's hair bands back in the day...but that doesn't change the fact that most of them were bad. Getting back on track, yeah, if I'm going to invest my thoughts or prayers into anything, it's going to be for the souls of our fallen brothers and sisters from the other side of the pond as well as their surviving families and friends. My thoughts also go out to the several hundred injured who are going to have to live with such a horrible memory for the rest of their lives. I also feel very sorry for all the people who are without transportation now, as many people in London take buses or the subway, which are currently out of commission. I read one news bit where it took a woman two hours just to walk home because she normally takes the bus to and from work. I really hope MJ's family and friends in London are safe, alive, and unharmed.

"Fuuuuuuuuuck!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Doug Murata said...

I hear you, dude. I'm having trouble coming up with the words to describe just how shocked I was when I read that sentence. I went over it several times to make sure my mind hadn't screwed me over. What a monumental asshat!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Gregg Lander said...

I'm confused... London was bombed this morning?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Doug Murata said...

Yeah. Somebody hit their transportation system. The US upped the terror alert as a result.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home